I. Playhouse Space
For any use of the Playhouse space, you must first consult with GSOA Staff for availability. Once availability is discussed, you must read, agree to, and completely fill out both of the following forms.
II. Playhouse Costumes and Props
1. Not all costume pieces are available to rent. Examples of this would include, but not exclude: wedding dresses, certain prom dresses, fur coats, wigs, and certain character pieces.
2. Not all prop pieces are available to rent. Examples of this would include, but not exclude: certain furniture pieces, historic items, certain in-house made props or fragile, expensive items.
3. Items such as fabric, sewing materials or alteration pieces cannot be rented.
4. All items rented must be properly checked out with the correct and up-to-date paperwork by Lauren Parker, Playhouse Artistic Director of GSOA.
5. Any person or party interested in renting costumes and/or props from the Playhouse must pay a non-refundable $25 renters & restocking fee.
6. Every item rented from the GSOA costume and prop room requires a $10 deposit. The items total will add up a final deposit, which will be held until the person or party returns all of the rented items. If all items are returned in good condition at the correct time, the check will be returned to the renting party. If any item is not returned or returned damaged, the renting party will forfeit the entire deposit, unless otherwise noted specifically by Lauren Parker.
7. No costume or prop is permitted to be altered in any way, permanently or non- permanently, without express, written permission from Lauren Parker.
8. All rented items are to be returned within one month (30 days) from the rented date, unless otherwise noted with written permission by Lauren Parker.
9. Any rented items not returned within ten day (10 days) of the specified return date will be considered lost or stolen, and will result in a lost deposit. It may also result in a ban from renting from the GSOA Playhouse in the future.
10. There is to be absolutely no eating, drinking or smoking in any of GSOA’s costumes.
11. All items must be washed or dry cleaned, dependent on the item, before being returned to GSOA. Failure to do so may result in a lost deposit.
12. It is the sole responsibility of the renter to contact Lauren Parker if any need or problem should arise with a rented item.
13. Any production using GSOA costumes and/or props must accredit the GSOA Playhouse in their playbills and curtain speech, if applicable.
14. No costume and/or prop drop-offs are allowed – a Playhouse staff member must be present at GSOA to receive the returning rented items in order to close out any accounts and finish paperwork. Neglecting to do this may result in a lost deposit.
Once you have read and agreed to the rules above, please fill out the Costume and Prop Rental Form below. Please turn the form in to Lauren Parker.